DEREGE HAILESELASSIE MUSSA, Ph.D.Ad-Interim Assistant Professor
Department of Mathematics
Office: Bin 320
- PhD degree in Mathematics Education,Columbia University, NY
- M. Phil degree in Mathematics EducationColumbia University, NY
- MA degree in Mathematics EducationColumbia University, NY
- B.SC degree in MathematicsAddis Ababa University, Ethiopia
- Ad-Interim Assistant professor Department of Mathematics, Texas A&M University-Commerce, Texas, TX 75429(August 26, 2013 – current)
- Courses: Fall 2013: College Algebra, Business Calculus Spring 2014: 553-Geometric Structure for Teachers (Graduate class), 460-Math for secondary school Teachers, 321-College Geometry and Calculus 1
- Temporary Graduate faculty member, Department of Mathematics, Texas A&M University-Commerce, Texas.(September 24, 2013 – current)
- Reviewer: Journal of Mathematics and system Science, USA (January 23, 2014 – current)
- Adjunct Lecturer: Department of Mathematics and Statistics, HunterCollege, City University of New York, NY Courses: Finite Mathematics, Introduction to statistics, College Algebra, Pre-calculus, Calculus
- Tetrahedra, Cubes (More generally three dimensional Polyhedra) and their Nets.
- Graph theory.
- Mathematics Education (Mainly focuses on the advanced content knowledge that impacts on class room teaching).
- Computational Geometry.
- Tetrahedra and Their Nets: Mathematical and Pedagogical implications. Columbia University, May 22, 2013 (Doctoral Dissertation) Advisor: Professor Bruce Vogeli, Professor Joseph Malkevitch
- Tetrahedron and Nets. American Mathematical society, 1096-51-703 October 2, 2013
- Reconstruction of Tetrahedron from Edge length. Mathematical Association of America, 1096-VN-1139, October 18, 2013
- The Transitions from Two Dimensions to three Dimensions – Some Geometry of the Tetrahderon (with J.Malkevitch). Consortium 105 (2013): 3- 9, October 26, 2013.
- Refined Tetrahedra. American Mathematical society, 1100-51-9, February 5,2014
- Twenty-Five Partition Types of Tetrahedra(Derege Mussa Partition Theorem), American Mathematical Society, 1098-51-20, Feburary12, 2014.
- Reconstruction of Tetrahedron from Edge length, February 18, 2014. Department of Mathematics, University of Texas Dallas, Dallas.
- CUNY Graduate Center, City University of NY Tuition Award
- D.K. Harrison Award CUNY Graduate Center, City University of NY
- Belgian Technical Corporation (BTC) Scholarship award
- Grant in Aid Award, Columbia University
- American Mathematical Society
- Mathematical Association of America
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
- Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics
- Mathematics and system Science, USA
- Reconstruction of Tetrahedron from Edge length, 2014 National Joint Mathematics meeting, Baltimore, MD, January 16, 2014.
- Tetrahedron and nets, 2014 National Joint Mathematics meeting, Baltimore, MD, January 17, 2014.
- Refined Tetrahedra, Paper will be presented at the 2014 AMS Spring Central Section Meeting, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX, April 11- 13, 2014
- Twenty-Five Partition Types of Tetrahedra (Derege Mussa Partition Theorem), 2014 AMS Spring Eastern Section Meeting, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD, March 30, 2014.