Support the Agricultural department, college, and university’s strategic goals of expanding educational opportunities through the design of multicultural and diverse innovative programs.
- Doctor of Philosophy, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX 77843
Conferred - May 2008
Major - Agricultural Education (Leadership)
Dissertation - Identifying, Examining, and Validating a Description of the Agriculture Industry
- Master of Arts, New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, NM 88003
Conferred - July 1991
Major - Agricultural and Extension Education
- Bachelor of Science, New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, NM 88003
Conferred - May 1990
Major - Agricultural Economics & Agricultural Business
Minor - Finance
- Leadership Fellow
2nd Executive Leadership Academy, University of California, Berkeley, CA. March 25-29, 2012
Sponsored by - Center for Studies in Higher Education and American Association of Hispanics in Higher Education
- Certified Strengths Advocate, The Gallup Organization, 2008.
- StrengthsQuest™ Advocate Training, The Gallup Organization, Houston Baptist University, Houston, TX, October 22-24, 2008.
- StrengthsQuest™ Educator Seminar, The Gallup Organization, Richland College, Dallas, TX, September 2 & 3, 2008.
- Signature Themes (Strengths) Using StrengthsFinder™ (The Gallup Organization), 2006.
- Strategic | Responsibility | Deliberative | Restorative | Futuristic
- The Diversity Training Institute, Department of Multicultural Services, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX, June 18-20, 2008.
- Summer Seminar on Academic Administration, Texas A&M University, July 11-16, 2004.
- Agricultural Literacy
- Hispanic Issues in Agriculture
- Knowledge and Perceptions of Agriculture
- Outreach and Recruitment Innovation in Agriculture
- Youth Development of Underrepresented Populations in Agriculture
- DFW International Community Alliance Board of Directors, 2014 - present
- Greater Dallas Advisory Council, Texas Diversity Council, 2013 – present
- Texas Diversity Council, Board of Directors, 2013 - present
- Teach Ag Campaign, Greensboro, NC, September 2013.
- Santa Rosa Consolidated Schools, Understanding Your Talents and Strengths, Santa Rosa High School Teacher In-Service Day, Santa Rosa, NM, April 2009.
- Faculty Diversity Workshop, Elanco, Indianapolis, IN, June 2007 & 2008.
- Faculty Retreat on Diversity, Elanco, Greenfield, IN, June 2006.
- Circle of Advisors for the College of Natural Resources’ Community for Diversity, North Carolina State University, 2005.
- National Association of Professional Forestry Schools and Colleges (NAPFSC) and Association of University Forestry Schools of Canada (AUFSC), Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, October 2004.
- AgCareers.com, Effective minority talent recruiting:Tips for recruiting & retaining Hispanic professionals in agriculture, Des Moines, IA, May 2004.