"We are to regard the mind, not as a receptacle into which knowledge may be poured; but as a flame that is to be fed, as an active being that must be strengthened to think and to feel---and to dare, to do, and to suffer." - Mark Hopkins-president of Williams College
One must have curiosity, for one's imagination to flourish.
- Monday *
- Tuesday *
- Wednesday *
- Thursday *
- Tuesday-Thursday* 12:00-9:00 (Library, Information Desk)
- "There is a passion in the human heart that is called aspiration. It flares with the noble flame, and by its light, Man has traveled from the caves of darkness to the darkness of outer space. But when this passion called aspiration becomes lust, then aspiration degenerates, becomes vulgar ambition, by which sin the angels fell."
- B.S. Edu.
- That best portion of a good man's life, His little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and love. William Wordsworth
Courses Spring 2017
- Eng 1302.01E (20459) (MWF) 8:00 room HL 201
- Pol Sci 2302.01E (21106) (MWF) 9:00 room SS # 150
- Pol Sci 2302.02E (20399) (MWF) 10:00 room BA # 257
- "Love has to be learned over and over, but hate has only to be provoked." - Katherine Anne Porter -
Courses Fall 2017
- English 130?.??? (???) [MWF] 8:00 room HL ???
- Pol Sci 2301.01E (80553) [MWF] 9:00 room BA 243
- Pol Sci 2301.02E (80554) [MWF] 11:00 room BA 243
- Fur Gott, Furst, und Vaterland
- Selected European Leaders
- WWI Leaders
- The Netherlands
- Italo Disco music 1 2 3 4 5 6 8 9 10
- "The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treason, stratagems, and spoils; the motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted. Mark the music." William Shakespeare "The Merchant of Venice."
Royalty Killed in Action in World War I (The Great War)
Modern European Monarchs/ Antiquity/ The Middle Ages/ U.S. Supreme Court cases
"Progress/enlightenment goes on. One experiment fails, but even out of failure valuable lessons are learned. A way will be found, somehow. It always is." "For where your treasure is, there your heart will also be. Matthew 6:21
- Pol Sci 2301
- Pol Sci 2302
- History 1301
- History 1302
- English 1301
- English 1302
- English 341
- History 0497
- Sociology 1306
- In all the Universe, can there be creatures stranger than the species called Man? He creates and destroys; he fumbles and makes mistakes. But the thing which distinguishes him is the ability to learn from his mistakes.
What though the radiance which was once so bright
Be not forever taken from my sight,
Though nothing can bring back the hour
Of splendour in the grass, of glory in the flower;
Grief not, rather find,
Strength in what remains behind,
In the primal sympathy
Which having been must ever be,
In the soothing thoughts that spring
Out of Human suffering,
In the faith that looks through death
In years that bring philosophic mind.