NEW! Spring 2014
- Ph.D., Harvard University, 1984
- M.A., Harvard University, 1981
- M.A., University of Michigan, 1979
- B.A., University of Michigan, 1978; Magna Cum Laude; Angell Scholar, 1978, 1977
- 1984 -1989 Assistant Professor: Glassboro State College (now Rowan University)
- 1993 – Present, Professor: Dept of English, Texas A & M – C. Professor.
My teaching experience includes yearly Shakespeare and Early British Literaturesurveys, plus multiple courses (at the doctoral, masters, and undergraduate levels) inMilton, Renaissance Drama, Spenser, Chaucer, Malory, and Beowulf–the latter in OldEnglish as well as translation. In addition, I occasionally teach eighteenth centuryliterature, Romantic and Victorian poets, the British novel, J.K. Rowling and (in seminar)Yeats.
- The Chaucer Shakespeare Knew (co-authored with D’Andra White), and supported by a Faculty Development Award from Texas A & M–C. Projected Completion date: Summer 2012.
- Marriage Contracts From Chaucer to the Renaissance Stage, University Press of Florida, July 2001, l92 pp.
- In Transit (book of poetry), David Roberts Books, Sept. 2011.
- Signs and Portents(poetry chapbook), Finishing Line Press, March 2011.
- Signs of Our Time(poetry chapbook), Pudding House Press. Sept. 2009.
- Advice Column(poetry chapbook), Finishing Line Press, Nov. 2008.
- Provost’s Award for Scholarship and Creative Activity May 2010.
- Honors Professor of the Year 2002 (chosen by the honor students of Texas A & M-C)
- STAR award (a Texas A & M-C Arts & Sciences award, focusing on extra-classroom efforts), Jan. 10, 2002.
- Paul W. Barrus Distinguished Faculty Award for Teaching, March 4, l999.
- NISOD Excellence Award, May, l998.