Ad Interim Instructor
- Ed.D. (2014), University of North Texas, Denton, TX
- Early Childhood Education - Reading
- Dissertation: Preschool Teachers' Constructions of Early Reading
- M.Ed. (1995), University of North Texas, Denton, TX
- Special Education - Early Childhood Education
- B.B.A. (1989), University of North Texas, Denton, TX
RECENT PUBLICACTIONS & PRESENTATIONS
- “Preschool Teachers’ Constructions of Early Reading,” [Poster Presentation], 26th Annual Ethnographic & Qualitative Research Conference, Las Vegas, NV, February 11, 2014.
- Walker, K. (2013). Exclamation Mark! In What’s New in Children’s Books: 2013 Edition. Southern Early Childhood Association: Little Rock, AR.
- “Preschool Teachers’ Constructions of Early Reading: What I Learned About Interviewing,” 21st International Reconceptualizing Early Childhood Education Conference, Nairobi, Kenya, November 4, 2013.
- NAEYC Lasting Legacy Scholarship, 2014
- Phi Kappa Phi Graduate Scholarship, 2011 & 2014
- Velma E. Schmidt, Critical Early Childhood Policy Studies Graduate Research Scholarship, 2010
- ECE 313 Child Development: Early Years
- ECE 366 Learning Environments
- ECE 460 ECE Curriculum
- RDG 448 Characteristics of English Language Learners
- ELED Student Teaching (Field Based)
- Dallas AEYC Executive Board ~ Co-President (Elect – 2014) 2015-2016 (Past – 2017)
- Children’s Literature Reviewer, Southern Early Childhood Association, 2006-present
- Tenth Annual Bill Martin Jr Memorial Symposium ~ Conference Planning Team