- Ph.D. Curriculum Studies, The University of Texas at Austin, 2001
- M.S. Agronomy, Washington State University, 1989
- B.S. Agricultural Sciences, East Texas State University, 1986
- SED 500 – Issues in Education
- SED 513 – Secondary School Curriculum
- SED 514 – Management and Curriculum Development for Diverse Learners
- SED 515 – Effective Teaching in a Diverse Environment
- SED 516 – Educational Research for Effective Teaching
- SED 521 - Models of Teaching
- SED 528 – Philosophy of Education
- Research interests include curriculum deliberation, planning and decision making by teachers, technology in education, and teacher education
- Assistant Professor, Secondary Education, Texas A&M University—Commerce August 2006 - Present
- Teacher, Advanced Research and Design, Algebra II, Biology, Calculus, Chemistry, Integrated Physics and Chemistry, Physics, Campbell High School, Campbell,Texas, August 2003 – May 2006
- Assistant Professor, Coordinator of MAT and Cameron Secondary Teacher Preparation Program (CAMSTEP), Cameron University, Lawton, Oklahoma, August 1999-May 2003
- Teacher, Algebra, Geometry, Algebra II, Mathematical Models, Saxon Algebra I, Saxon Advanced Mathematics, Richarte High School, Georgetown, Texas, 1998-1999.
- Teaching Assistant, Computing Tools for Educators, University of Texas at Austin, 1995-1998.
- Teacher, Chemistry, Physical Science, and Biology, Mount Pleasant High School, Mount Pleasant, Texas, 1990-1995.
- Graduate Research Assistant, Washington State University, 1986-1989.
- Reviewed article for the Journal of Curriculum and Instruction
- Reviewed proposals for American Association of Teaching and Curriculum 2008, 2009
- Reviewed proposals for SERA 2008
- Reviewed proposals for Bill Martin Jr Symposium 2007, 2008
- Reviewed proposals for Division II and IV, SERA 2007
- Reviewed proposals for Division K, Teaching and Teacher Education, of AERA 2000, 2001, 2002
- Reviewed submissions to the Journal of Curriculum and Supervision 2000, 2001, 2004
- Reviewed proposals for Lives of Teachers Special Interest Group of AERA 2000, 2001
- Section Reviewer, Technology and Teacher Education Annual 1997