Educational background and professional certification
- Doctor of Philosophy – Capella University – October, 2001.
- Master of Science in Accounting - The University of Texas at Arlington - August, 1990.
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Texas A&M University Commerce - May, 1985.
- Graduate Fields of Specialization: Accounting, Business Administration, Organization and Management.
- Certified Public Accountant – Maine, Texas.
Full-time teaching experience
- Associate Professor of Accounting – Husson University – 2005 to present
- Associate Professor of Business – Chadron State College – 2003 to 2005
- Assistant Professor of Business – Chadron State College – 1998 to 2003
Part-time teaching experience
- Adjunct Online Professor – Texas A&M University-Commerce – 2005 to present
- Adjunct Instructor of Business – Chadron State College – 1997 to 1998
- Adjunct Instructor – Dallas County Community College District – 1992 to 1996
Areas of involvement in teaching include: Accounting Principles, Intermediate and
Advanced Financial Accounting, Managerial Accounting (undergraduate/graduate),
Governmental and Nonprofit Accounting, and Accounting Information Systems.
Professional experience not in education
- Financial Consultant – Fairmont State University – August 2010 to April 2011.
- Chief Financial Officer – Fort Robinson Post Playhouse – August 1998 to July 2005.
- Comptroller - Chadron State College – September 1996 to August 1998.
- Interim Dean of Financial Affairs - Dallas County Community College District - August 1995 to August 1996.
- Assistant Director of Finance - Dallas County Community College District - June 1990 to August 1995.
- Consumer Lending Analyst - First Gibraltar Bank, FSB - July 1987 to June 1990.
- Staff Auditor - KPMG Peat Marwick - June 1985 to July 1987.
Recognition and honors
- Inducted into Sigma Beta Delta International Honor Society – Spring 2012
- Recipient of the 2004-2005 Region V Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs International Teaching Excellence Award
- 2004 Nebraska Phi Beta Lambda Business Person of the Year
- Nominee for the 2004 School of Professional and Graduate Studies Outstanding Teaching Professor of the Year
- McGraw-Hill/Irwin Distinguished Paper Award at the 2003 Southwest Regional Meeting of the American Accounting Association
- School of Professional and Graduate Studies Authors and Editors Annual Award
- Appointment to Chadron State College Graduate Faculty
- Founding Contributor – Accounting Alumni Endowed Scholarship Fund – Texas A&M University-Commerce
- Texas Society of CPAs Accounting Excellence Award
- Beta Alpha Psi National Accounting Honor Fraternity
- Beta Gamma Sigma International Honor Society