- B.S. in Kinesiology; Athletic Training Option; Mathematics Minor, Summa Cum Laude Honors, August 2003, Angelo State University, San Angelo, TX
- M.S. in Exercise Physiology; Thesis: The Thermal Effects of Pulsed Shortwave Diathermy on Muscle Force Production, Electromyography, and Mechanomyography, May 2005, University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, TX
- National Athletic Trainers’ Association Board of Certification
- Certified Athletic Trainer # 110302086 – November 2003
- Texas Advisory Board of Athletic Trainers
- Licensed Athletic Trainer # AT3015 – February 2004
- Missouri State Board of Registration for the Healing Arts
- Licensed Athletic Trainer # 2005021718 – July 2005 to January 2008
- American Red Cross
- CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer – January 2013-2015
- Instructor: Lay Responder First Aid and CPR/AED – December 2007 to present
- Instructor: Professional Rescuer CPR/AED – May 2008 to present
- Mitchell, S.M., Trowbridge, C.A., Fincher, A.L., and Cramer, J.T. Effect of diathermy on muscle temperature, electromyography and mechanomyography. Muscle and Nerve. 38:992-1004, 2008.
- Cramer, J.T., Beck, T.W., Housh, T.J., Massey, L.L., Marek, S.M., Danglemaier, S., Purkayastha, S., Culbertson, J.Y., Fitz, K.A., and Egan, A.D. Acute effects of static stretching on characteristics of the isokinetic angle-torque relationship, surface electromyography, and mechanomyography. Journal of Sport Sciences. 25(6):687-98, 2007.
- Egan, A.D., Cramer, J.T., Massey, L.L., and Marek, S.M. Acute effects of static stretching on peak torque and mean power output in NCAA Division I women’s basketball players. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. 20(4):778-82, 2006.
- Purkayastha, S., Cramer, J.T., Trowbridge, C.A., Fincher, A.L., and Marek, S.M. Surface electromyographic amplitude-to-work ratios during isokinetic and isotonic muscle actions. Journal of Athletic Training. 41(3):314-320, 2006.
- Marek, S.M., Cramer, J.T., Fincher, A.L., Massey, L.L., Dangelmaier, S.M., Purkayastha, S., Fitz, K.A., and Culbertson, J.Y. Static and proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation stretching elicited acute changes in muscle strength and power output. Journal of Athletic Training. 40(2):94-103, 2005.