- Doctor of Philosophy (1998), Major: Finance, Sam M. Walton College of Business, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, Arkansas.
- Master of Science by Research (1991), Major Thesis: Finance, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras (now Chennai), India.
- Master of Commerce (1987), Osmania University, Hyderabad, India.
- Bachelor of Commerce (1985), Osmania University, Hyderabad, India.
Professor (Tenured) of finance (January 1, 2011 onwards): Department of Economics and Finance, College of Business and Technology, Texas A&M University-Commerce, Commerce, TX. I have previously held the following positions at this department in TAMU-Commerce. When serving as Director of Graduate Programs in finance, I was invovlved in the planning, co-ordinating and conducting M.S. finance comprehensive exams and advising M.S. (finance) students.
- Professor (Tenured) and Major Advisor/Director of Graduate Programs in finance: (September 1, 2009 to December 31, 2010)
- Associate Professor (Tenured) Major Advisor/Director of Graduate Programs in finance: (September 2006 to August 31, 2009)
- Associate Professor (Tenured) of finance: (September 2005 to August 2006)
- Assistant Professor of finance (Untenured) (September 1, 2002 to August 2005)
Assistant Professor (January 1999 to July 2002): School of Business, University of Arkansas at
Monticello, Monticello, AR.
Ph.D. Student/Teaching/Research Assistant/Master Lecturer (August 1994 to December
1998): Department of Finance, Sam Walton School of Business, University of Arkansas,
Lecturer in Finance (October 1991 to August 1994): Pragati Post-Graduate College, Osmania
University, Hyderabad, India.
Research Scholar/Graduate Assistant (January 1989 to October 1991): Master’s student at the
Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, India.
Lecturer in Accounting, Economics and Related Areas (November 1987 to December 1988)
part-time and full-time work in Pragati College and other colleges of Osmania University,
Awards & Grants
- Nominated for The John Robert Gregg Award in Business Education for the year 2013.The award is given every year to a major contributor of business education. I have submitted my resume and I expect to hear from the committee soon. More details about this award are given on this website: http://www.dpe.org/greggaward.htm
- Winner of the H.M. Lafferty Distinguished Faculty Award for Scholarship and Creative Activity 2012. Awarded by the Texas A&M University – Commerce. This award recognizes individuals who have performed in an outstanding manner in the area of research, scholarship and creative activity.
- Inaugural Winner, Texas A&M University-Commerce’s 2010 Provost Award for Full Professor for Research and Creative Activity-For College of Business and Technology-Award Presented ($1,000) on April 26, 2010.
- Nominated for the H.M. Lafferty Distinguished Faculty Award for Scholarship and Creative Activity, Texas A&M University-Commerce, Spring 2006.
- Early Tenure and Promotion to associate professor rank awarded in three years at Texas A&M University – Commerce, August 2005.
- Best Paper by ASBBS 10th Annual Meeting, Finance VI Track "SARS: A Non-Event for Affected Countries' Stock Markets?" Co-authored with Kenneth M. Washer.
- Listed on Who’s Who in Academickeys.com-the premier resource for academic employment.
- Chancellor’s Faculty Excellence Award Nominee, nominated by the School of Business faculty at the University of Arkansas-Monticello, Monticello, AR for the year 2001-2002. Withdrawn because I accepted this position at TAMU-Commerce.
- Alpha Chi Rookie Teacher of the Year Award, University of Arkansas at Monticello, February 2001.
- Alpha Chi nomination for Rookie Teacher of the Year Award, University of Arkansas at Monticello, February 2000.
- Certificate of Appreciation awarded by the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs in recognition of service to the Honors Council at UAM during 1999-2000.
- Beta Gamma Sigma, University of Arkansas, March 2000.
- National Merit Scholarship, 1989: awarded by the Osmania University under the grant of Ministry of Human Resources Development, Government of India.
- University Grants Commission, Junior Research Fellowship Award, 1987: Awarded by the University Grants Commission of the Government of India.
- Second Rank in the University in Master of Commerce (1987), First Class with distinction, Rank Certificate awarded by Osmania University.
- First Rank in M. Phil (Business Administration) Entrance Exam in Osmania University, 1988.
- Recipient of the Ravishankar Purushottam Lal Bhargava Gold Medal (Master of Commerce, final year 1986-87) and Silver Medal (Master of Commerce, first year 1985-86) awarded by Pragati College, Hyderabad, India for most outstanding graduate student 1986-87.
- Fellowship awarded by the Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India, Hyderabad, India,to pursue the Chartered Financial Analysts Course (CFA) 1993, not used.
- Awarded Support by Dean’s Office, CBT to purchase data from Market Data Services, Toronto Stock Exchange, Spring 2008.
- Awarded Mini-Grant by the Graduate School to conduct research on the impact of Tsunami on Asian Markets, March 2006.
- Faculty Development Grant for research presentation awarded by Texas A&M-Commerce, Fall 2005.
- Competitive Travel Grant, awarded by the Faculty Development Committee, Texas A&M University-Commerce, February 2004.
- Financial Support of Dept. of Finance, TAMU-C for data purchase from Market Data Services, Toronto Stock Exchange, Spring 2003.
- Research Grant from Graduate School, Texas A&M University-Commerce for year 2003-2004.