[ Home] [ Courseware ]
Welcome to the class home page of ETEC 525 - Internet Applications for Education and Training
Summer II, 2008
Q: I really want to take 525, but I noticed that it is
full. Can you squeeze me in?
A: No. I wish I could, but I'm nothing if not fair and I don't play favorites. I don't do students or myself the injustice of exceeding the maximum limit of 20 per section in this course, or any of my online courses. Seats are filled on a first-come first-served basis. Monitor myLeo closely for openings in the course as there are typically a few slots that open up near the beginning of the semester. The next offering of this course will be Summer II, 2009.
Q: Will there be a face-to-face meeting?
A: We will NOT be holding a face-to-face orientation. Online activities required in lieu of the face-to-face meeting will be outlined in the course.
Q: Where and when do I access the course?
A: The course will be conducted in eCollege with some resources provided on this 'public' page. The direct link to eCollege is http://online.tamuc.org/. The course will be accessible on the first day of scheduled class. At that time, you will need to log in and follow the posted instructions.
Q: What software application will we be using?
A: In the past, Microsoft FrontPage has been the required software. Since FP has been discontinued, we will be utilizing Microsoft Expression Web 2 as its replacement. Microsoft offers a free trial on this application that will suffice for use in our course. The "30 day" free trial actually expires at the end of the month following installation. Thus, if you install the trial in July, it will work until the end of August - plenty of time to complete our project. The software is rather large (almost 400MB); so, if you are on a connection that is prone to drop, particularly a dial-up connection (like me), I strongly recommend you download and install a download manager such as Free Download Manager if you don't already have one installed. This utility will allow the download to pick-up where it left off in the event of an interruption in the download. Note: Expression Web took me about a day (20+ hours) to download through my dial-up connection. You don't want to get to hour 22 and have to start over from 0!.
This is a "Web-Based" course.
Study Guide for Technology Applications 8-12
...available from the Region 4 Educated Solutions On-line Store ($40.00)
Note: This text is used in ETEC 525, 581, and 587.
- Pass the TExES Technology Apps EC-12 from Ed Publishing & Consulting
- Microsoft Expression Website
- MS Expression Web 2 Trial Download (391.0MB) + Trial Activation Key
- Getting 60 days out of the 30 day free Expressions trial and $99 upgrade info.
- Microsoft Expression Web 2 FAQ
- Microsoft Expression Forums
- Free Download Manager
- SyteHost - Free Webspace with no ads.
- Tripod - Free webspace with ads.
- Mozilla Firefox Browser download
- Web Developer Toolbar (download) add-on for Firefox (.xpi file, open in browser to install)
- Read Easily (download) style switcher add-on for Firefox (.xpi file)
- TAMU-C ITDE CSS Training
- CSS Zen Garden - www.csszengarden.com/
- Max Design - css.maxdesign.com.au/
- CSS Beauty - cssbeauty.com/
- A List a Part - www.alistapart.com/
- HTML Dog - www.htmldog.com/
- Eric Meyer - meyerweb.com/
Department of Educational Leadership
College of Education and Human Services
Texas A&M University-Commerce