[ Home] [ Courseware ]
Welcome to the class home page of
ETEC 525 - Internet Applications for Education and Training
Summer II 2012 (July 9 - August 9)
Q: Will there be a face-to-face meeting?
A: We will NOT be holding a face-to-face orientation. Online activities required in lieu of the face-to-face meeting will be outlined in the course.
Q: Where and when do I access the course?
A: The course will be conducted in eCollege with some resources provided on this 'public' page. The direct link to eCollege is http://online.tamuc.org/. The course will be accessible on the first day of scheduled class. At that time, you will need to log in and follow the posted instructions.
Q: What software application will we be using?
A: We will be utilizing a version of Microsoft Expression Web (MSEW) as the primary supported Website Management application for this course. If you already have access to Adobe Dreamweaver, you may use it as an alternative; but, be aware, all course instructions and guides are based on MSEW and help for Dreamweaver may be extremely limited or nonexistent within the course. And yes, you MUST use one of these approved, standards-based applications. Microsoft offers a free trial of its MSEW application that will suffice for use in our course. The "30 day" free trial actually expires at the end of the month following installation. Thus, if you install the trial in July, it will work until the end of August - plenty of time to complete our project. The software is rather large (almost 400MB); so, if you are on a connection that is prone to drop, particularly a dial-up connection, I strongly recommend you download and install a download manager such as Free Download Manager if you don't already have one installed. This utility will allow the download to pick-up where it left off in the event of an interruption in the download. Note: Expression Web took me about a day (20+ hours) to download through a dial-up connection. You don't want to get to hour 22 and have to start over from 0!
This is a "Web-Based" course.
Textbook: (NOT REQUIRED, Recommended Only)
Study Guide for Technology Applications 8-12
...available from the Region 4 Educated Solutions On-line Store ($40.00)
Note: This text is recommended in ETEC 525, 581, and 587.
- Pass the TExES Technology Apps EC-12 from Ed Publishing & Consulting
- Microsoft Expression Website
- MS Expression Web Trial Download (391.0MB) + Trial Activation Key
- Getting 60 days out of the 30 day free Expressions trial and $99 upgrade info.
- Microsoft Expression Web 2 FAQ
- Microsoft Expression Forums
- Free Download Manager
- AwardSpace - Free Webspace with no ads.
- Tripod - Free webspace with ads.
- Mozilla Firefox Browser download
- Web Developer Toolbar add-on for Firefox (.xpi file, open in browser to install)
- Read Easily style switcher add-on for Firefox (.xpi file)
- TAMU-C ITDE CSS Training
- CSS Zen Garden - www.csszengarden.com/
- Max Design - css.maxdesign.com.au/
- CSS Beauty - cssbeauty.com/
- A List a Part - www.alistapart.com/
- HTML Dog - www.htmldog.com/
- Eric Meyer - meyerweb.com/
Department of Educational Leadership
College of Education and Human Services
Texas A&M University-Commerce