[ Home] [ Courseware ]
Welcome to the class home page of ETEC 579 - Administration of Media Technology Programs
Summer II, 2006
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) List
Technology Plan Guidelines
Technology Grant Pre-Proposal Guidelines
Project Grading Rubrics
- Managing Media Services : Theory and Practice, 2nd ed.
by Schmidt, William D.; Rieck, Donald Arthur.; Vlcek, Charles W.
ISBN: 1-56308-530-5 (2nd ed.)
On-line Text (direct link to book)
NetLibrary Home (you can login from here if direct link above does not work)
This is an online textbook freely accessible to TAMU-C
students; therefore, no hardcopies are requested to be stocked by the university
However; it has been the experience of many students that there is an advantage to having a hardcopy of the text in hand for use during quizzes and other assignments.
This is a "Web-Based" course.
Student Chapter Presentations - Selected Power Point presentations produced by students of this course in prior semesters. (... just in case you're interested.)
Technology Plans: Planning for Progress
Technology Plans: Planning for Progress (.ppt)
Sample Technology Plan - Paris Junior College Plan for Distance Education and Off-Campus Instruction. Original form developed for NETCC by Dr. Michael Dennehy.
Sample Computer Hardware & Software Inventory Form (.doc)
Networking Basics (.ppt)
Possibly Useful Sites
Funding Sources & Opportunities
- ED.gov (U.S. Department of Education)
- FundsNet Services - Lists may grant making entities.
- GE Foundation (General Electric)
- GMability Community Involvement (General Motors)
- National Endowment for the Arts
- Texas Commission on the Arts
- Texas State Library and Archives Commission - Funding for Libraries (some funding requires approved Tech Plan)
- PowerPoint Viewer for Windows 9x & newer OS versions.
- PowerPoint Viewer for Macintosh.
- PowerPoint Office Animation Plug-in (enables PP animations in IE 5.0 without PP.)
APA Style Help
National Science Foundation
North Central Regional Education Laboratory
- NCREL - Technology in Education
- NCREL - Developing a School or District Technology Plan - includes several sample plans.
- NCREL - Guiding Questions for Technology Planning
- NCREL - Leadership and Learning with Technology
- NCREL - enGauge
- NCREL - enGauge - Technology Funding Links, Resources, and Sample Budgets.
Free On-line Virus Scanners
- Housecall from Trend Micro
Possibly Un-useful Sites
Department of Educational Leadership
Texas A&M University-Commerce