[ Home] [ Courseware ]
Welcome to the class home page of ETEC 579 - Administration of Media Technology Programs
Q: Will there be a face-to-face meeting?
A: We will NOT be holding a face-to-face orientation due to the unusually large number of class members living an excessive distance from Commerce.
Q: Do I need a textbook in this course?
A: Yes, you will need access to the selected textbook in this course. The method of access is up to you. It is available through our library as an on-line holding; however, there are only two electronic copies available for simultaneous access and with so many people in this course, you could experience difficulty accessing the on-line version. Many students have found it desirable to order and use a hardcopy of the text. Therefore, purchase is highly recommended, particularly if you are on a slow internet connection. Additional information regarding the text and it's availability for purchase are given in the TEXTBOOK section below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) List
Technology Plan Guidelines
Technology Grant Pre-Proposal Guidelines
Project Grading Rubrics
- Managing Media Services : Theory and Practice, 2nd ed.
by Schmidt, William D.; Rieck, Donald Arthur.; Vlcek, Charles W.
ISBN: 1-56308-530-5 (2nd ed.)
On-line Text (direct link to book)
NetLibrary Home (you can login from here if direct link above does not work)
This is an online textbook freely accessible to TAMU-C
students; therefore, no hardcopies are requested to be stocked by the university
However; it has been the experience of many students that there is an advantage to having a hardcopy of the text in hand for use during quizzes and other assignments.
This is a "Web-Based" course.
Student Chapter Presentations - Selected Power Point presentations produced by students of this course in prior semesters. (... just in case you're interested.)
Technology Plans: Planning for Progress
Technology Plans: Planning for Progress (.ppt)
Sample Computer Hardware & Software Inventory Form (.doc)
Networking Basics (.ppt)
Possibly Useful Sites
Funding Sources & Opportunities
- ED.gov (U.S. Department of Education)
- FundsNet Services - Lists may grant making entities.
- GE Foundation (General Electric)
- GMability Community Involvement (General Motors)
- National Endowment for the Arts
- Texas Commission on the Arts
- Texas State Library and Archives Commission - Funding for Libraries (some funding requires approved Tech Plan)
- PowerPoint Viewer for Windows 9x & newer OS versions.
- PowerPoint Viewer for Macintosh.
- PowerPoint Office Animation Plug-in (enables PP animations in IE 5.0 without PP.)
APA Style Help
National Science Foundation
North Central Regional Education Laboratory
- NCREL - Technology in Education
- NCREL - Developing a School or District Technology Plan - includes several sample plans.
- NCREL - Guiding Questions for Technology Planning
- NCREL - Leadership and Learning with Technology
- NCREL - enGauge
- NCREL - enGauge - Technology Funding Links, Resources, and Sample Budgets.
Free On-line Virus Scanners
- Housecall from Trend Micro
Possibly Un-useful Sites
Department of Educational Leadership
Texas A&M University-Commerce