[ Home] [ Courseware ]
Welcome to the class home page of ETEC 579 - Administration of Media Technology Programs
Schedule / Calendar (pdf)
Multimedia Content (projects addressed subject to revision)
Example Projects (projects subject to revision)
Schmidt, William D. & Rieck, Donald Arthur. (2000) Managing media services : Theory and practice (2nd ed.) Englewood, CO: Libraries Unlimited, Inc.
ISBN: 1-56308-530-5 (2nd ed.)
On-line Text (direct link to Schmidt-Rieck book)
NetLibrary Home (you can login from here if direct link above does not work)
This is an online textbook freely accessible to TAMU-C students; therefore, no hardcopies are requested to be stocked by the university bookstores. Further, this book is now officially out of print so finding a hard copy might present a challenge, but, if you're up the hunt you can try places such as Amazon, Barnes & Noble, eBay or any one of a variety of on-line sources. As a reference, the going price for a new text when still in print, was $58.00. Prices for OOP books can vary greatly. If you find a new one for less that this, it's probably a good deal. I've seen them in the $80-$90 range.
Publication manual of the American
Psychological Association. (5th ed.). (2001). Washington, DC: American
ISBN: 1-55798-791-2 (paperback)
The APA manual is available from practically any booksource. As a graduate student you most likely already have this book unless you are relatively new in your program. If you don't have it, get it now. If you're in a Doctoral program and don't have it already, shame on you. ;-) You can't write a dissertation without it!
This is a "Web-Based" course.
Student Chapter Presentations - Selected Power Point presentations produced by students of this course in prior semesters. (... just in case you're interested.)
Technology Plans: Planning for Progress
Technology Plans: Planning for Progress (.ppt)
Sample Computer Hardware & Software Inventory Form (.doc)
Networking Basics (.ppt)
FAQ for TAMU-C Online Courses
Possibly Useful Sites
Funding Sources & Opportunities
- FundsNet Services - Lists many grant making entities.
- GE Foundation (General Electric)
- GMability Community Involvement (General Motors)
- National Endowment for the Arts
- Texas Commission on the Arts
- Texas State Library and Archives Commission - Funding for Libraries (some funding requires approved Tech Plan)
- PowerPoint Viewer for Windows 9x & newer OS versions.
- PowerPoint Viewer for Macintosh.
- PowerPoint Office Animation Plug-in (enables PP animations in IE 5.0 without PP.)
APA Style Help
National Science Foundation
North Central Regional Education Laboratory
- NCREL - Technology in Education
- NCREL - Developing a School or District Technology Plan - includes several sample plans.
- NCREL - Guiding Questions for Technology Planning
- NCREL - Leadership and Learning with Technology
- NCREL - enGauge
- NCREL - enGauge - Technology Funding Links, Resources, and Sample Budgets.
Free On-line Virus Scanners
- Housecall from Trend Micro
Possibly Un-useful Sites
Department of Educational Leadership
College of Education and Human Services
Texas A&M University-Commerce