I am an Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Information Systems at the Texas A&M University-Commerce since Fall 2012. My research interests spans systems and networks in computer science, with a particular interest in distributed computing systems.
Prior to joining TAMU-Commerce in Fall 2012, I was an Assistant Professor of Computer Science at the Lock Haven University of Pennsylvania for AY 2011-2012, after my postdoctoral research at Scientific Data Management Research Group at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory for 1.5 years. I received my Ph.D. degree in Computer Science from the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, under the guidance of Dr. Jon B. Weissman and Dr. Abhishek Chandra. Prior to that, I was a senior researcher at ETRI, a national lab in Korea, and mainly worked on network security and B-ISDN ATM over ten years.
- Broadly computer systems, networks, and network security
- Distributed Computing Systems; Cloud/Grid computing
- Big-data Computing, analytics, and applications; Scientific computing
- Publications: List of publications, DBLP, Google Scholar
- CSCI 126 Introduction to Computing
- CSCI 431 Java Language Programming
- CSCI 434 Introduction to Local Area Networks
- CSCI 528 Object-oriented Methods
- CSCI 563 Information Security
- CSCI 568 Cryptography
- CSCI 581 Computer and Network Security
Personal web: http://people.tamu.edu/~jinohkim/