Education (degrees, year, universities)
Ph.D. degree 1991:
Center of Mathematics, Comp. Science & Mechanics-Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS); in the field of Pattern Recognition:
Title: 3D objects recognition by help of regularities, order and set of identification. Defended in 1991.
The work was developed under international project dedicated to develop a robot system capable of nuclear reactors inspection.
Master degree 1982-1983: Sofia University (SU)- School of Mathematics & CS, in Coding Theory, Title: New examples of (15,11) systematical, non-vasiliev’s, non-linear, perfect codes correcting one error.
University Education 1978-1982: Sofia University (SU) “Kl. Ohridsky”- School of Mathematics & CS- Number one in the Country.
Bulgarian National High School of Math and Informatics “Lubomir Chakalov”, 1973-1976: Number one in the Country.
- Image Processing via gradient methods2D/3D Active Contour Models
- Classification Features Extraction
- Content Based Image Retrieval, Image Data Bases
- 3D Modeling, Reconstruction and Visualization
- Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition
- Image processing - Digital and Multimedia Libraries
- Robot control and vision
- 2D/3D objects modeling and interpolation
- Image objects motion interpolation
Areas of Applications:
- Skin Lesion Diagnosis
- Firearms Identification
- Threat Assesment
- Video Tracking.