- Commerce: Department of Curriculum and Instruction
Education South, Office 132
- Mesquite: Texas A&M University –Commerce Metroplex Center
2600 Motley Drive, Mesquite, Texas 75150
- Postdoctoral Studies, University of North Texas and University of Connecticut, Storrs
- PhD, University of North Texas, Denton, Texas, Secondary Education, College Student Personnel Administration
- MEd, University of North Texas, Denton, Texas, Secondary Education, English
- BA, University of North Texas, Denton, Texas, English and Spanish
- Denton Independent School District, Strickland Junior High School, Language Arts
- Dallas Independent School District, Greiner Junior High, Language Arts
- LaGrange Independent School District, Spanish
- Brenham High School, English
- Arlington Independent School District, Language Arts and Spanish
Gifted and Talented Education
African American Gifted Student
- Editorial Board Member
- Research Division, Vice Chair
- Coordinators Division, Member
- Dual Language/Multicultural Division, Committee Chair, Past Committee Chair
Texas Education Agency, Commissioner’s Advisory Council Member, 1996 - 2007
Phi Delta Kappa
TAMU-Commerce, Phi Delta Kappa Chapter, Scholarships Chair
TASCD (Texas Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development)
ASCD (Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development)
NAGC (National Association for Gifted Children)
- Miller, Joyce, “Developing Differentiation Activities for the Gifted,” Garland ISD, Garland, Texas, December, 2008.
- Miller, Joyce, “Serving the Underachieving Gifted Student,” Garland, ISD, Garland, Texas, January, 2009.
- Miller, Joyce, “Creating a Culturally Responsive Learning Environment,” Garland ISD, Garland, Texas, April, 2008.
- Miller, Joyce, “The Underachieving Gifted Student,” Garland ISD, Garland, Texas, April, 2008.
- Miller, Joyce, “A Philosophical and Practical Framework for the Identification of Gifted Culturally Diverse Learners,” Texas Association for the Gifted and Talented Leadership Conference, Invited Presentation, Austin, Texas, March 30 – April 1, 2008.
- Miller, Joyce, “Inspiring, Educating, and Nurturing African American Gifted Learners,” State Conference of the Texas Association of Black School Educators, Galveston, Texas, March, 2008.
- Miller, Joyce, “Socio-Emotional Needs of the African American Gifted Learner,” Professional Development, Garland ISD, Garland, Texas, March, 2008.
Masters Degree Information
- Masters Degree Comprehensive Examination Study Areas
- Nature of Learning
- Nature of Knowledge
- Human Development
- Moral Development and Social Forces
- ACT-SO (Afro Academic Cultural, Technological, Scientific Olympics)